Thursday, June 7, 2012

Keight asks

keight dukes has left a new comment on your post:
My questions: who reminds you the most of Jesus in your life? What is the most surprising thing that has ever happened to you? What is one thing that you like much more about Haiti than the US? How do you achieve such a bright smile? Would it be more fun to watch your mom play the guitar and sing or watch your dad run 13 miles?

(Keight - Isaac took a bit of time considering all of this. He struggled with "How do you achieve such a bright smile?" because he seemed to think he needed to actually *know* HOW he does that?!?!?  I finally told him he was making it too hard and to just go for it.  :-)   Enjoy!


1) The person who reminds me the most of Jesus is probably Joanna T. She is very generous, kind and loving just like Jesus is. 2) The most suprising thing that happened to me was being in a destructively devastating earthquake that demolished a ton of builds. Another surprising thing was we had to eat unpleasent tasting M.R.Es and like two hours later we had to leave our parents and go to this dark black fan. The van took us to the airport, which is where we boarded an enourmous military plane and we ended up in NewJersey air force base. None of us knew we were going there not even my parents that were in Haiti knew. Then we flew to Texas which is where Brittany and Chris picked us up.

3) The things I like more about Haiti than America is probably the food and land including the beaches. I really love Haitian food so much, it's probably because I'm Haitian.
4) I have a lot of white teeth and my smile could have been passed on from my first mom.
5) I think watching my mom play guitar would be funny because she never plays instruments. So it would be fun watching (her) play guitar and sing. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Isaac! I've read your parent's blog for a couple of years now and have been enjoying your posts as well. My question for you is:

    If you could travel to any place that you've never been too where would you go? Why would you go there? What do you think it'd be like?

    For me I'd like to go to Zimbabwe some day. My husband is from there and we want to take our children to see his old country.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Isaac,

    My name is Nick, I'm 29 years old and live in America, (though I'm writing this letter to you from Papua, Indonesia). I'm currently travelling all the way around the world... but I've also visited Haiti twice before. I'm considering moving to Haiti!

    So I have a question for you about language. I know Creole is spoken the most, and so I know I will need to learn Creole first. But what about French? Will I need to learn French too in order to live and function in your country?

    Thank you!

    ~nick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Issac,

    I have 3 questions:

    1) I would like to be an adoptive parent one day. What do you want current and future adoptive parents to know about adoption?

    2) When I was growing up, computers, iPhones, Facebook, and Twitter did not exist. What do you think about technology and social media (Facebook and Twitter)?

    3) What questions do you have for your readers?

    Thanks for your insights, Issac! I have learned a lot from you already!

    Patty

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm Isaac. Ask me anything!