Thursday, June 13, 2013

Dear Val,

Q.
Hi Isaac! Reading back a bit (missed last summer's Ask Isaac), wondering if 5th grade was all you hoped it would be, and what were some of the most interesting things you learned in 5th grade, especially in ancient history and science? (history is one of my favorites) Is there anything special you hope to do over the summer? Hope and pray all is well in your world. Greetings from Los Angeles, California and blessings to you and your family.
Val

A.
(If this is not easy to read, typed in below)


Val,
Yes 5th grade was as entertaining as I expected. One of the most exhilarating things about this year is we were able to play with Abigail Faith Burton, our teacher's baby. Some of the most intriguing things I learned took place in these 3 subjects: History, Science, and Math. Now I will name some things I learned in history, math, and science. 

1st History, The seven wonders of the ancient world are the great pyramids, hanging-gardens, temple of Artemis, the Statue of Zeus, the mausoleum, Pharaoh's light house, Coleuses of Rhodes. 

2nd, Science, the classifications of living things are Kingdom, Phylum, Class, order, Family, Genus, Species. 

3rd, math the cubes 1 8 27 64 125 216 343 512 729, 1,000. I really enjoyed your question. Keep em coming (smiley face). 


PS- He forgot the one part of the question and he verbally responded while I typed...

"Yes, Val, I hope to see ALL of our friends and I hope to visit Sea World and I look forward to a ton of stuff and I cannot even name them all. I hope to go tubing on the lakes of Minnesota and fishing and I hope to see my aunt and uncle's lustrous big mutt before he passes away because he is really old. I look forward to seeing Britt and Chris and their energetic dogs when we get to Texas in August. Maybe I hope we can go to a beach while we are there.I also hope to go to anyplace that has steak." 

1 comment:

  1. Very impressive, Isaac! I didn't learn the classifications of living things until the 8th grade. Did your teachers teach you the mnemonic to help you remember it? It is Kids Plant Corn On Farmer Greens Soil. That is how I remember it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm Isaac. Ask me anything!